A Few Facts!
Bob Garner has delivered his presentations in 18 countries and throughout the United States on behalf of Global 100 and Fortune 1000 Corporations and leading organizations.
He has shared the platform with presidents of the United States, CEOs, celebrities and sports personalities.
Bob is the creator and host of A Mindful Moment which is heard on American General Media Broadcasting News Talk radio.
In addition to his real estate holdings on the Central Coast of California, as a spokesperson and consultant, Bob has assisted clients in selling literally tens of millions of dollars in products and services and helped entrepreneurs to start, grow and maintain their business.
His life journey - so far - includes being a disc-jockey, commercial writer and radio executive, a comic magician/mind reader, entrepreneur, real estate investor, spokesperson, author and philanthropist.
Even though Bob has been an entrepreneur since 1983 and currently owns two successful companies, in his past Bob lost everything - all of his money; he was in debt and, basically, homeless.
As an author, Bob was the first to unite three of the all-time greatest motivational works into a single
gender-friendly book called Masters of Motivation - which was referred to as a roadmap for success by executives and scholars.
Bob co-wrote Blueprint for Success - Proven Strategies for Success and Survival with business gurus Steven Covey and Ken Blanchard, plus 9 other experts on success.
As a featured writer, Bob has written for numerous publications that range from the International Human Resource Management Association's "Workforce Solutions Review," and "Successful Meetings Magazine," to "Life Science Leaders' and Stephen Covey's "Executive Excellence" magazine.
The character Jason Richards in the off-Broadway musical "Hereafter" was modeled after Bob and his style of performance, delivery and ability to connect with people.
Bob is a plant-based eater and lost over 50 pounds. When not traveling, Bob goes to the gym 5 days a week and is an advocate for plant-based eating.
Bob and his wife have had numerous adopted and rescued pets as a part of their family - and still do.
The journey to get where Bob is today...
- At the age of 8, Bob saw his first magician and was bitten by the "magic" bug.
- At 16, he got his first job in radio. By 18, he was one of the youngest morning drive disc jockeys in the country.
- At 22, he worked his way up the corporate ladder in radio from production director (writing commercials) to promotions director to general manager.
- At 23, he left radio and embarked on a career as a professional comic magician where he headlined at top comedy clubs and resort casinos, as well as performed at over 800 colleges and universities and on 73 cruises.
- At 28, Bob's first marriage ended in divorce. His career took a nose dive, and he found himself penniless, in debt, and virtually homeless.
- Refusing to admit failure, Bob read and assimilated three classic works of success (these were to become his first book, "Masters of Motivation") and began his climb back from despair and failure.
- Bob began reading countless biographies of successful business people, politicians, and entertainers, as well as an immeasurable number of books on psychology, business, marketing, sales and advertising. (His current library in his home contains over 1,000 books.)
- At 30, Bob combined his experience as a communicator and entertainer with his knowledge of business and success and entered the corporate market as a spokesperson at trade shows and events.
- By 33, he had opened an entertainment agency, began booking other talent, and also began consulting his corporate clients on events, marketing, sales and promotion.
- Bob began investing in real estate on the California's Central Coast.
- Bob increased his investments to include other people's businesses (dreams).
- Before the age of 40, Bob achieved financial security.
- Bob began his speaking career at the age of 42.
- Through his speaking, spokesperson and consulting career, he has helped corporations sell literally millions of dollars in products and services.
Understanding that everyone possesses amazing abilities and untapped resources, Bob's focus is on helping people awaken their inner wizard and create magic in their lives. And by magic, Bob means helping people do all the things they are capable of doing, create positive change, and live a more purposeful life.
From igniting the thought process and unleashing skill sets to embracing change and overcoming mental obstacles, Bob's unique life story as an entertainer and business person combined with decades of research on human potential and compassion enables him to connect with a diversity of groups and deliver presentations that are inspiring, educational, astonishing and fun.
Bob is a passionate believer in giving back and both he and his wife, Marleta, support - quarterly, as well as yearly - numerous causes that aid people, all animals and the environment. They are both plant-based eaters and live on the Central Coast of California with their rescued pets.